Customers with Disabilities Feedback Process
The Effort Trust Company (the "Corporation") provides customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the service provided to customers with disabilities. Information about the feedback process is readily available to all customers and notice of the process is made available by publication on the Corporation's website and in written form upon request at each branch of the Corporation. Feedback forms along with alternate methods of providing feedback such as verbally (in person or by telephone) or written (hand written, delivered, website or email) are available upon request.
Customers can submit feedback to:
Chief Compliance Officer
The Effort Trust Company
980 Yonge Street, Suite 30
Customers who provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Effective January 1, 2014
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ("AODA") Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This 2014-21 Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that The Effort Trust Company will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
The Effort Trust Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
The Effort Trust Company is committed to providing the customers with publicly available emergency information in an accessible format upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
The Effort Trust Company provides and will continue to provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
The Effort Trust Company will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessibility laws by January 1, 2015:
- Training of all staff, volunteers and contractors in the requirements of this Regulation and the Human Rights Code in relation to persons with disabilities, as soon as possible;
- Providing training as it pertains to the individual and their duties within the organization;
- Training will take place during new hire process and on an annual basis including any new developments in the Regulations or environment;
- Record keeping of participants and training completion dates;
- Training will include The Effort Trust Company’s plans on achieving accessibility by 2025 and will highlight the requirements of the standards – Information and Communication, and Employment as they relate to our businesses; and
- Embedding accessibility into The Effort Trust Company’s overall learning strategy
Information and Communications
The Effort Trust Company is committed to meeting the communication needs of individuals with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
The Effort Trust Company will take the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014 and to conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
- Consultation with the IT department of The Effort Trust Company to ensure any new website or content meet requirements; and
- Consultation with all employees who have content input abilities on The Effort Trust Company’s website of the new Policies and Standards.
The Effort Trust Company will take the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
- Notifying and training all front line staff on the obligation to make the feedback process accessible and available to all clients and customers. Training will include the mandate of ensuring all customers are able to obtain services and products to the best of The Effort Trust Company’s ability. The Effort Trust Company’s website and the front line staff must offer feedback mechanisms in accessible formats.
The Effort Trust Company has ensured all publicly available information will be made accessible in an accessible format upon request by January 1, 2016. The Effort Trust Company values all of its customers and clients and continually encourages its staff through training and periodical reinforcement about the need to ensure all clients and customers are able to access the publically available information.
The Effort Trust Company is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, The Effort Trust Company will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- The Effort Trust Company will include a notice to all job applicants within the job posting that accommodations within the recruitment process can be made, upon request of the applicant;
- Job pages on websites will be updated to reflect The Effort Trust Company’s commitment to providing equal opportunities within the recruitment and selection process, including accommodation within employment;
- The Effort Trust Company will ensure that selected applicants are notified either by phone or email of accommodation, support and accessibility; and
- The Effort Trust Company will review policies and practices with respect to recruitment, hiring and interviewing as per the requirements under the employment standards.
The Effort Trust Company will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Informing all current and new staff of policies used to support staff with disabilities;
- Updating new hire training plans to include statement on workplace accommodation; discussion with supervisor/manager within first week of hire in regards to this statement; additional discussion to take place during new staff orientation;
- Creation of Individual Emergency Plan Worksheets;
- Annual notification to staff about the availability of Individualized Emergency Plans for those with disabilities;
- Annual communication reminding all staff of The Effort Trust Company’s accommodation policies and contact information for establishing an individual plan;
- Updated information will be communicated as necessary to all staff;
- Current practices related to return to work following a leave of absence will be documented into a written process to comply with this regulation; and
- If required upon return to work, the development of an Individualized Accommodation Plan for the staff member will be completed, taking into account their disability.
Design of Public Spaces
The Effort Trust Company will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
- Recreational trails/beach access routes;
- Outdoor public eating areas like rest stops or picnic areas;
- Outdoor play spaces, like playgrounds in provincial parks and local communities;
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals;
- Accessible off-street parking; and
- Service-related elements like service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas.
For more information on this accessibility plan or for accessible formats of this document, please contact the Chief Compliance Officer at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org